Thursday, October 7, 2010

Recap: The First Shelf

I made it!! I finished all 26 movies in 7 days, as promised. And I'm pumped to keep going... this is actually kinda fun. Plus, I'm learning to watch movies while doing other things around the house, so the process is going by much faster. Hooray!

On this shelf of DVDs, in case you were curious, I watched 46 hours 13 minutes of movies.
Holy crap. When you break it down like that, it makes me look like I have no life. Truth be told, movies go by quickly when you're multi-tasking. Also when it's rainy. This week, there wasn't much to do but watch movies. I'm sure other weeks will be different.

The shortest movie here was a tie at 1 hr 15 min for Alice in Wonderland and The Adventures of Milo & Otis. The longest movie was a snore-inducing 2 hr 47 min for Alexander.

As for actors that I saw frequently, there were a lot of double-acts on this shelf. These actors appeared in at least two movies apiece:
  • Christopher Plummer
  • Bruce Willis
  • Catherine Keener
  • Jim Sturgess
  • Kevin Spacey
  • Chris Cooper
  • Crispin Glover

The oldest movie was Alice in Wonderland (1951) and the newest movie was also Alice in Wonderland (2010). Doubt that'll happen again!

And since that's what this project is all about, I'll mention that I had to open a whopping SEVEN sealed DVDs of this 26-movie list. That's an unacceptable 27% !!!

Anyway, onward to The Second Shelf!

No comments:

Post a Comment