Monday, October 4, 2010

Movie #9 - The 40-year-old Virgin


The 40-Year-Old Virgin
Universal Pictures
2005 - Rated R - 1 hr 57 min
Director: Judd Apatow
Starring: Steve Carell, Catherine Keener, Paul Rudd

It was nice to get a good comedy in between 28 Days Later and the pending 300. Nice for some Steve Carell/Judd Apatow hillarity. And my God, do I love Paul Rudd!

Anyway, this is one of the mountain of funny movies created by this lot in the last decade. Apatow, Carrell, Rudd, Seth Rogen... even Jonah Hill pops up in this one. And that doorman guy from Baby Mama, he's in this too. Add Jane Lynch (yay!) and Catherine Keener and it's a perfect cast.



This is the movie that made Carrell more than a side character, Kelly Clarkson a swear word, and virginity hillarious. Love it :) If you haven't seen this, take a peak. Totally worth the watch and you'll probably laugh your butt off.



I can't believe I hadn't seen this movie since we rented it!

2 comments:

  1. Actually wasn't a fan but I think the problem was I didn't see it in the theater. Instead I saw it on Netflix which was the "uncut extended version." I'm sure if you already love the movie this is the better version but if you're seeing it for the first time it's long-winded and just looses steam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see that. This time, the build up to meeting Keener seemed longer... and I was a bit like, "Ok, when is that gonna start happening?" I can see it being annoying if you don't know what's on the horizon.

    ReplyDelete