Sunday, October 3, 2010

Netflix Movie: The Book of Eli

The Book of Eli
Silver Pictures
2010 - Rated R - 1 hr 58 min
Directors: Allen Hughes, Albert Hughes
Starring: Denzel Washington, Gary Oldman, Mila Kunis, and Jennifer Beals

I figure if I'm reviewing the entire wall, I might as well include reviews for the non-wall movies that Mike makes me watch. Not that I didn't want to watch The Book of Eli, I just would rather spend the time chipping away at that list of 600+ movies.

Anyway, we watched the Netflix DVD yesterday and I did thoroughly enjoy it. Denzel, as always, was fantastic in this post-apocalyptic movie (my third apocalyptic movie in three days... and 28 Days Later is only two short movies away). I was a little skeptical of Mila Kunis, the would-be bad ass runaway who tags along, but in the end, her wielding a machete wasn't quite so unbelievable as you'd think. The plot was fairly predictable, but the twist at the end got both Mike and I (which is saying something, because he's tough to surprise). Although it would have been nice to see Denzel do his own action sequences, but I guess that's what happens when awesome actors start aging. Oh, Denzel!

Overall, I highly recommend it for an action/adventure with a spiritual twist. Great casting, strong plot, and really interesting look at what society after the nuclear "flash" would be like.

Now, back to the wall.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for your comments on the movie. I enjoy watching movies and was wondering if this one was worth my while. :) will definitely have to try this one out. Thanks Stephanie.

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christine -

    It's definitely worth a viewing. Denzel is great and overall, it's really well done. I hope you enjoy it!

    -Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just added this to our que, I just won't tell Craig that Mike likes it. After the whole 5th Element thing, Craig doesn't trust Mike's opinion. (tho I totally love 5th Element too)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHA! Fifth Element really isn't a bad movie. LOL But I love that Craig's still nursing that one, all these years later.

    ReplyDelete