Monday, October 4, 2010

Movie #10 - 300

300
Warner Bros Pictures
2007 - Rated R - 1 hr 56 min
Director: Zack Snyder
Starring: Gerard Butler, Lena Headey, David Wenham, Dominic West

While Gerard Butler makes some fantastic eye candy, that's not the only reason I love this movie. It's fun to watch, the action is visually interesting, and the blood and gore are impressive (I love some good blood and gore once in a while). What also impresses me about this movie is how cinematically interesting it is. It looks like the comic on which it's based, which is artistically speaking pretty cool.

As for its accuracy, I can't really speak to either the comic book or the history it's based on. Haven't read the comic and I'm not Mike, so you got me if it's accurate. From what I hear, it's not bad. But I've got some questions about certain aspects of this movie...
  1. Was Xerxes really an ancestor of Ru Paul?
  2. Did all Spartans have six-pack abs?
  3. Could they really fight dressed like that, without any armor at all?
  4. Why on earth would they listen to some drunken teenage girls about prophecy?
I guess that about sums it up. Great, fun movie to watch. Just don't think too hard about it.

2 comments:

  1. You forgot that it's a drunk NAKED teenage prophecy girl. That makes all the difference.

    ReplyDelete