Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Movie #17 - The Adventures of Milo & Otis


The Adventures of Milo & Otis
Columbia Pictures
(adapted from Japanese version)
1986 - Rated G - 1 hr 15 min
Director: Masanori Hata
Starring: Dudley Moore

Alright, folks. I'm not embarassed that I own this movie, not one bit. In fact, it's the quickest way to get a full dose of cute for, like, a whole year.



If you haven't seen this, it's a late 80's movie narrated by Dudley Moore about a dog and a cat. They journey from their farm through the woods, get lost, meet a female cat and a female pug, have babies, and have many run-ins with wild animals. It's live action, not animated, and I'm not exactly sure how they go this dog and cat to do these things. In one scene, the dog pulls the cat out of a ditch with a rope. What?!



The animals are cute and furry, so it's got that going for it. Dudley Moore does all the narration, voices included. It's actually pretty good too, and I remember thinking he was just the funniest thing when I was a kid.



Anyway, this one brings my back to my childhood. It's not as epic as I once thought, but I was not disappointed anymore. If you didn't see it as a kid, you probably won't get what the big deal is. And you'll probably make fun of me. Oh well. I still think Milo and Otis are adorable.

2 comments:

  1. An interesting exercise is to see the original Japanese version, which had no naration to it. It's actually rather intense and scary at times without the reassurance of Moore's voice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only just found out there WAS a Japanese version when I watched this yesterday. I'm tempted to find it now :)

    ReplyDelete