Thursday, January 6, 2011

Movie #130 - Constantine

Constantine
Warner Bros
2005 - Rated R - 2 hr 1 min
Director: Francis Lawrence
Starring: Keanu Reeves, Rachel Weisz, Shia LeBeouf, Djimon Hounson, Gavin Rossdale, Tilda Swinton

Here's a creepy movie for you!  Religious thrillers scare the bejeebers out of me, usually, but Keanu Reeves seems to neutralize the scary parts of this movie.  That's actually a good thing, not me making fun of him, because it allows me to really enjoy watching this from beginning to end.

What a twisted premise. What an interesting cast.  I don't know what it is that I like so much about Constantine, but I could watch this almost anytime.  Maybe it's Rachel Weisz. Maybe it's Tilda Swinton's amazing, androgynous Angel Gabriel. But this heaven vs. hell, with humans caught in the middle, movie is dark, dreary, and awesome.

1 comment:

  1. I really like this movie... but like you I'm not even really sure why. But it's better every time I watch it.

    ReplyDelete