Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Movie #120 - The Bone Collector

The Bone Collector
Universal Pictures
1999 - Rated R - 1 hr 58 min
Director: Phillip Noyce
Starring: Denzel Washington, Angelina Jolie, Queen Latifah, Luis Guzman, Ed O'Neill

Before we really knew anything about Angelina Jolie, she was in this movie with quadrapalegic Denzel Washington and a pre-weight loss Queen Latifah.  Back then, I wasn't distracted by her and I could just enjoy this crime thriller and all its gorey glory.  Now, I watch this movie and I go, "Oh hey! It's Angelina Jolie! I forgot she was in this movie..."  And I'm all distracted by how young and pre-Lara Croft she is.  It's weird.

Anyway, I got over that after a few minutes and let myself enjoy the gore-fest.  Honestly, not that I'm complaining, but this movie does have some gratuitous blood and guts.  It's all good, cuz it is indeed a murder flick, but wow.  Yuck.  And also, awesome.

This one has a good twist ending, but you'll only enjoy that the first time you see it.  After that, you watch it and think how stupid you were not to catch on to who the murderer is... and that's as distracting as Jolie's lips.

2 comments:

  1. I actually can't stand the ending to this movie, for me it ruins an otherwise great thriller. First I think it's a cheap twist and beyond that once the explanation is given I can't buy that he would go to those lengths. Revenge against the one guy who wronged him sure, but all those other deaths? I don't believe it, not for a second.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I can see that. He's a creepy guy though, so who knows?

    ReplyDelete