Thursday, January 6, 2011

Movie #126 - Con Air

Con Air
Touchstone Pictures
1997 - Rated R - 1 hr 55 min
Director: Simon West
Starring: Nicolas Cage, John Cusack, John Malkovich, Ving Rhames, Steve Buschemi, Colm Meaney, Dave Chappelle, Danny Trejo

If only he'd put the bunny back in the box...  Can't anyone just follow Nicolas Cage's instructions? I mean, he's the good guy undercover as the bad guy, helping the good guys on the ground, and all so he can face his wife and daughter with a clean conscience.  Is this what happens when you accidentally kill a man? Or only if you're Nic Cage?

So once you learn to ignore his lame-o Southern accent, this movie's not horrible.  I like it because in the 90's I thought it was awesome. Now as an adult, I'm pretty 'meh' about it, but John Cusack is my boy...so I'll watch it.  After all, I gotta wait till R to watch The Rock and get some good Nic Cage up in here, so this has to do for now.

Also, John Malkovich is a creepy bad guy... but something about him doesn't work for me.  Not sure if 'one note performance' is the term I'm looking for, but you  get the idea.  He's all "I'm Cyrus the Virus and so I'll eat your children" but I'm kinda like, "Man, really? That's your tough prison nickname? And you were safe in the shower?" But whatever. I've never been to prison, what do I know?

Onward...

1 comment:

  1. It took me about 5 minutes after the credits rolled to go "hang on a minute" and be REALLY creeped out that Michael Bay decided it was ok for the most demented killer in the movie to be unleashed back on society because one time he didn't kill somebody.

    ReplyDelete