Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Movie #119 - Benny & Joon

Benny & Joon
MGM
1993 - Rated PG - 1 hr 38 min
Director: Jeremiah S. Chechik
Starring: Johnny Depp, Mary Stuart Masterson, Aidan Quinn, Julianne Moore, Oliver Platt, William H. Macy

A Johnny Depp movie I've never seen!  Admittedly, he's a bit weird in this movie, but I still love him.  He's got 'wacky but charming' down to a tee, it's true.  And even with her psychological problems, I'm kinda jealous of Mary Stuart Masterson. Huh.

So this movie's a bit off-beat, but I recommend it if you ever wanted to learn how to make grilled cheese with an iron.  Just a thought. 

I'm glad I finally saw this, and learned that Johnny Depp's character's name is not in fact Benny, even if it does seem a bit weird and dated now.  It's a fun one, thanks to my pal Johnny, but it's not as heart-rendering as it wants to be.  Meh.

No comments:

Post a Comment