Monday, January 3, 2011

Movie #111 - The Chronicles of Riddick

The Chronicles of Riddick
Universal Pictures
2004 - Rated PG-13 - 1 hr 59 min
Director: David Twohy
Starring: Vin Diesel, Thandie Newton, Judi Dench, Karl Urban

I don't really have that much to say about this movie.  It's kinda weird, not as epic as it thinks it is, and is really just an excuse for Vin Diesel to play Riddick again and kick some alien ass.  Necromongers? Really?

The fact that Judi Dench is in this movie gives it a certain amount of credibility, but I'll be honest, even she can make me a fan of this sci-fi borefest.  Mike really likes this one, but I think Pitch Black was far, far better.  We'll talk about that one when I get to the P's.

2 comments:

  1. As much as I love "Pitch Black" (and the animated "Dark Fury") this thing is just a mess. They're working on another one though that is supposed to bring Riddick back to his roots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With less Judi Dench? Cuz that's probably a good idea.

    ReplyDelete