Thursday, January 6, 2011

Movie #129 - Conspiracy Theory

Conspiracy Theory
Warner Bros
1997 - Rated R - 2 hr 15 min
Director: Richard Donner
Starring: Mel Gibson, Julia Roberts, Patrick Stewart

Okay, so I'd never seen this movie before, but heard good things from Mike.  After watching this classic 90's "thriller" I have a few things to say:

  1. Patrick Stewart as a bad guy isn't my cup of tea. Especially when he's getting his nose bitten off.
  2. Mel Gibson is a wacko in this movie. Did he have any idea he was practicing for his own life, 12 years later?
  3. Oh, Julia Roberts is in this? As a generic, lady-cop? Oh wow.
  4. There's actually a conspiracy theory? And Mel Gibson's not really crazy, he's just been messed with by secret agent Patrick Stewart and friends? Bummer!
It's not a horrible movie, but it drags in the middle and bored me a bit. Ugh... I really wanted to love this as much as everyone said I would, but I couldn't take it seriously.  Maybe too much time has passed.

No comments:

Post a Comment