Saturday, January 29, 2011

Movie #185 - Entrapment

Entrapment
1999 - Rated PG-13 - 1 hr 53 min
Director: Joan Amiel
Starring: Sean Connery, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Ving Rhames

Once again, I'm falling behind on posts, so I'm going as quick as I can here, folks.  Believe it or not, I'm quicker at watching them than I am at reviewing them.

Sometimes I just don't have much to say... like with this movie.  It is what it is. Complicated series of heists, an odd partnership between two mismatched thieves, and the story of how this relationship develops.  Connery and Zeta-Jones are both good, but it's neither of their best works.  It does, however, explain her attraction to old men (and subsequent marriage to Michael Douglas), but whatever.  And Ving Rhames looks really young in this. I almost didn't recognize him at first.

Basically, this movie exists for two things: the fun heist sequences where Zeta-Jones winds around invisible laser beams and the twist with a twist ending.  Wait... who's on who's side? That part's the most fun of the entire movie.  But then it's over. Tada!

No comments:

Post a Comment