Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Movie #176 - Easy Rider

Easy Rider
1969 - Rated R - 1 hr 35 min
Director: Dennis Hopper
Starring: Peter Fonda, Dennis Hopper, Jack Nicholson

I used to tell myself that there were no "guy" movies and "girl" movies, but then I began this adventure across the movie wall and watched movies I'd never seen before.  Among them, I've found many "guy" movies and am now ready to admit that sexism in the film industry exists.

I don't get the point of this movie at all.

I did enjoy the youth of the actors. It's like stepping into a time machine to watch Jack Nicholson. So weird.  The coming-of-age tale of these bikers is otherwise not that interesting.  In fact, the drugged-out scenes and general malaise of most of the film is a bit boring.  It's a film largely marked by its time, I guess, but I don't think it's stood up. And I have to admit that the end scene is so bad that I laughed. Sorry, but it looks like someone tosses the bike across the camera. Oh, we've come so far.

I don't know. Maybe I just don't get it...

No comments:

Post a Comment