Monday, January 24, 2011

Movie #166 - Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story

Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story
2004 - Rated PG-13 - 1 hr 32 min
Director: Rawson Marshall Thurber
Starring: Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughn, Christine Taylor, Rip Torn, Justin Long, Alan Tudyk

Oh man, do I love this movie.  I realize I say that about 90% of the comedies on the movie wall, but I can't help it, I love to laugh.  And Ben Stiller in this movie, and all his priceless one-liners, really make me laugh. 

As I like to say whenever appropriate, "Nobody makes me bleed my own blood."

I think that says it all.

But then there's Rip Torn and his quotable dodgeball coaching sessions ("If you can dodge traffic, you can dodge a ball.") I'm not sure how helpful they really are, but they're hillarious. 

The movie as a whole follows a predictable trajectory... evil guy tries to stomp out good guy, good guy triumphs after much strife and turmoil.  But if you need a good laugh, and some light subject matter to occupy you for a few minutes, pop this DVD in and enjoy.

After all, Chuck Norris gives it a thumbs up.

1 comment:

  1. This one's really grown on me over time, I have to admit.

    ReplyDelete