Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Movie #175 - Duplicity

Duplicity
2009 - Rated PG-13 - 2 hr 5 min
Director: Tony Gilroy
Starring: Julia Roberts, Clive Owen, Tom Wilkinson, Paul Giamatti

We saw this one in the theatre and, if I remember correctly, the critics weren't big fans of the caper.  Seeing it now, I have to admit that it was a bit weird, but not because of the movie itself.  It was weird to see Roberts/Owen in another movie together after I just saw Closer last month.  I wonder if it was weird for them too, gettin' it on again on screen.  Huh.

Anyway, I like the movie and it was nice to see it again after all some time, since I'd forgotten all the twists and turns of the plot.  Rediscovering the con within a con within a loooooooong con was fun, like seeing it for the first time again. 

It's hard to talk about this one without giving it away, so I'll stop here.  The movie's full of intrigue, vagueries, and definitely makes you pay attention.  It's a great thinking movie, but it will probably still surprise you in the end.  I don't know why the critics didn't like it. I think it's original and fun, and this pair is great once again.

1 comment:

  1. My wife was working in the store where they shot some of the scenes and she got to see a little of the filming on her way in and out of work.

    ReplyDelete