Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Movie #172 - Dragnet

Dragnet
1987 - Rated PG-13 - 1 hr 46 min
Director: Tom Mankiewicz
Starring: Dan Aykroyd, Tom Hanks, Christopher Plummer, Dabney Coleman

Yup, here's a cheesy, dated movie.  I vaguely remember this one as a kid, but haven't seen it in ages.  Actually, this is probably the first time I've seen it all the way through.  Aykroyd and Hanks make a good pair, straight cop and funny cop, good cop and bad cop, by-the-book and by-the-seat-of-his-pants.  They do justice to these characters, which makes the movie palatable.  Otherwise, I'd have been bored to tears.

There's not much else to report from this one.  It's a standard buddy cop movie, your regular uncover the internal corruption kind of plot. Dabney Coleman is funny, mostly for his weird accent.  And Christopher Plummer is in this too, because he's in everything.  I think this is his seventh or eighth appearance on the Wall.  Wow!

All right, one more on this shelf!!

2 comments:

  1. This is one of those movies I loved when I was younger and I'm in denial over the fact that it's not really as good as I want it to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Mike is in denial too. He wasn't thrilled with my comments. Hahahaha

    ReplyDelete