Sunday, May 15, 2011

Movie #378 - Finding Neverland

Finding Neverland
2004 - Rated PG - 1 hr 46 min
Director: Marc Forster
Starring: Johnny Depp, Kate Winsley, Julie Christie, Radha Mitchell, Dustin Hoffman, Freddie Highmore, Ian Hart

An error on Blogger erased a few of my posts, including the original of this review. Grrr.... I don't think I remember what I wrote.  Never thought I'd have to, you know?

Anyway, here goes.  I like this movie a lot, for both it's telling of the backstory of one of the world's most famous stories (JM Barrie's Peter Pan) and for the poignant relationship that grows between the famed playwright and a widow for four sons.  Actually, the four sons have a pretty impactful relationship with him as well.  The bittersweet conclusion of the movie really gets me, too.  I've always been a fan of the story around the story and this is a really great entry into that category.

And Johnny Depp has a Scottish accent, so there's that too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment