Monday, May 16, 2011

Movie #384 - GoldenEye

GoldenEye
1995 - Rated PG-13 - 2 hr 10 min
Director: Martin Campbell
Starring: Pierce Brosnan, Sean Bean, Izabella Scorupco, Famke Janssen, Judi Dench, Robbie Coltrane, Alan Cumming, Desmond Llewelyn, Samantha Bond

Although the video game is lots of fun to play, this Bond movie was never one of my favorites.  I feel like they tried to modernize the franchise with all this tech jargon and, back then, I just got confused. I can understand the whole Sean Bean evil-doings better now that I'm older, but by now, most of their equipment's obsolete.

Alan Cumming is a highlight of the movie -- perfect as the goofy techie Russian with a bit of an attitude. And Sean Bean's a pretty good bad guy, bad enough that I didn't sit there thinking about Lord of the Rings the whole time, so that's good!

Anyway, this one's not really a favorite.  It's got some great action scenes, lots of explosions, and plenty of Bronsan-ized Bond to go around.

2 comments:

  1. You can't really knock out of date tech in Bond movies, none of them hold up on that basis the tech is either outdated or so ridiculous it might as well be magic. This is one of my favorite Bond flicks personally. But Bond isn't for everybody.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I liked Brosnan better before I saw the Craig Bond. Now I've converted :)

    ReplyDelete