Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Movie #286 - Hudson Hawk

Hudson Hawk
1991 - Rated R - 1 hr 50 min
Director: Michael Lehmann
Starring: Bruce Willis, Danny Aiello, Andie MacDowell, James Coburn, Richard E. Grant, Sandra Bernhard, David Caruso, Frank Stallone

This movie is so early 90s, it's ridiculous.  It's campy, the comedy is kinda forced, and the characters are more like caricatures.  Bruce Willis isn't really so great as the goofy hero... and Andy MacDowell's dolphin bit just isn't funny.

Can you tell I don't really like this one?  It's not that I'm a snob, I just like my comedies to be a little more witty. A little less cheesy.  Mike loves this one, probably because he originally saw it when he was about 10, and I just can't get behind it.  If you have your first watch of this as an adult, you probably won't love it either.

No comments:

Post a Comment