Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Movie #281 - Elizabeth: The Golden Age

Elizabeth: The Golden Age
2007 - Rated PG-13 - 1 hr 54 min
Director: Shekhar Kapur
Starring: Cate Blanchett, Clive Owen, Geoffrey Rush, Samantha Morton, Abbie Cornish, Rhys Ifans

Yay! We added the sequel to the wall (finally) after I watched the first and regretted its absence. Of course, it's one more movie to watch. But I guess as long as it's good, it's fine.

In this movie, Cate Blanchett reunites with director Shekhar Kapur to reprise the role she was born to play: England's Queen Elizabeth I.  Honestly, she's just phenomenal.  More gushing, just like the review of the first. I can't help myself.

Here, she battles a whole new cast of enemies, deals with more court intrigue, and continues to grow as the greatest ruler England has ever known.  She's more fierce, more devoted, more powerful.  And all of this growth is evident in Blanchett's flawless performance. 

I'm so glad to have this one up on that wall!

No comments:

Post a Comment