Friday, February 4, 2011

Movie #215 - The Four Feathers

The Four Feathers
2002 - Rated PG-13 - 2 hr 11 min
Director: Shekhar Kapur
Starring: Heath Ledger, Wes Bentley, Kate Hudson, Djimon Hounsou

Here's another movie I want to love.  Everything about it says, "Steph will love this movie!" The cast, the setting, the epic tale... but everytime I watch it, I fall asleep.  I stayed awake this time (finally) and it was not easy at all.

Why do I struggle with this one?

Heath Ledger plays a British officer who resigns instead of going into battle and then gets shunned by his friends and fiancee.  They send him white feathers as a sign of his cowardice.  After that, his life slowly falls apart and he takes extreme measures to try to redeem himself.  His ending isn't a happy one, after all of that, and it's kinda sad really. 

Other people love this movie, but I find it kind of "Meh" and I don't have a good reason for that at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment