Thursday, February 3, 2011

Movie #206 - Flight of the Navigator

Flight of the Navigator
1986 - Rated PG - 1 hr 30 min
Director: Randal Kleiser
Starring: Joey Cramer, Paul Reubens, Veronica Cartwright, Sarah Jessica Parker

This movie was not as cool as I remembered it being.  And actually, Max (that's the ship's computer) is kinda mean to him at first.  Then, suddenly, he's PeeWee Herman... so that's weird.

This light-hearted take on alien abduction is a bit disturbing, kind of contrived, and really doesn't do anything for me anymore.  It's a pretty hollow "adventure" story.  Not that I expected it to blow me away, but I remembered it being more meaningful.  The only "real" moment in this movie is how different he acts to his parents and brother when the alien spaceship returns him to his own time.

Otherwise, I'm scratching my head.  And oh, by the way, this movie's being remade this year. So we have that to look forward to...

1 comment:

  1. Yeah this one hurt to see again as an adult... I remember it so much better.

    ReplyDelete