Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Movie #203 - Fight Club

Fight Club
1999 - Rated R - 2 hr 19 min
Director: David Fincher
Starring: Brad Pitt, Edward Norton, Helena Bonham Carter, Meat Loaf

This is one of the best movies on this damn wall, I'm telling you.  I've read the book as well, which differs a bit from the movie, but both stories are so well done, it's nuts.  I still remember the first time I watched this movie and go to the end, and how mad I was that I didn't figure out the twist earlier. And how excited I was that I picked up on it just before they spell it out.

Of course, when you watch the movie again, knowing the end, there's always new clues to discover.  This is one movie you can watch over and over, always picking up something you didn't notice before.  All three main actors give some of their best performances. I'm pretty sure this is my favorite of Brad Pitt's roles, by far.  And for Helena Bonham Carter, this was an important movie for her - it was her first major role in a US (non Merchant Ivory) film.  World, meet Helena. I've loved her since the first time I saw this.

All right, enough gushing. You get the idea. I love this damn movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment