Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Movie #202 - The Fifth Element

The Fifth Element
1997 - Rated PG-13 - 2 hr 6 min
Director: Luc Besson
Starring: Bruce Willis, Milla Jovovich, Ian Holm, Gary Oldman, Chris Tucker, Luke Perry


Ha! Oh, this movie.  It's like campy sci-fi and, in my experience, people either love it or hate it.  Which side of the fence do you fall on?

So, Bruce Willis plays McLane in space, from what I can tell.  And what is Milla Jovovich? Why is she beaming throughout this entire movie? And why is her hair orange? Anybody? Bueller?

Gary Oldman has a Southern accent. Are you aware of this?

Mostly, this movie is a big mess. But I guess it's so bad, that it's kinda funny.  And it gets in your brain somehow and the next thing you know, you're walking around saying "mooolty pahsss."

2 comments:

  1. I caught it on TV again recently and I think I figured it out: it's a kid's sci-fi movie on a big budget without the usual child hero shoe-horned into it. It really does play like something from Nickelodeon on steriods.

    ReplyDelete