Saturday, October 30, 2010

Movie #73 - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure

Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
Orion Films
1989 - Rated PG - 1 hr 30 min
Director: Stephen Herek
Starring: Keanu Reeves, Alex Winter, George Carlin

I have to admit that this movie was not as funny as I remember it being when I was 10. Although I did get a lot more of the jokes.... "69, dude!" Anyway...

Bill and Ted are your typical 80's Cali stereotype teens. Big dreams, big confidence, but not so big on the brains. My favorite line sums them up:

BILL: This is a history report, not a babe report.
TED: Bill, these are historic babes.

Don't even get me started on the sloppy time travel that happens in this movie. I find if you start to over think Bill & Ted, the whole thing falls apart on you. I treasure my childhood memories of this movie so much that I just can't do that to myself. So for now, I still love this movie, I still think it's pretty funny (I laughed out loud when they're wearing the armor and Ted says, "Dude! Heavy metal!" and air guitars ensued. Genius.), and it's kinda like opening a time capsule itself. The clothes, George Carlin, the metal phone booth, the lazy crazy teens... this is one of those movies that holds the essence of the 80s. It will always be a personal favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment