Friday, October 29, 2010

Movie #72 - Big Trouble in Little China

Big Trouble in Little China
Twentieth Century Fox
1986 - Rated PG-13 - 1 hr 39 min
Director: John Carpenter
Starring: Kurt Russell, Kim Cattrall, James Hong

Alright, so I guess I never really gave this movie a fair chance. It's not that bad, but it definitely isn't my cup of tea. I'll be honest, I think this is a "guy" movie. There's lots of action and weird humor and, of course, Kim Cattrall. The guys love her in this, I hear.

The plotline is a fun one, not too much substance to it though (at least I thought so). The whole mystical thing is creative, but it makes this movie seem like a weird action-adventure/sci-fi hybrid.

Still, James Hong is one crazy mo fo and Kurt Russell is a hot piece of 80's mullet.

2 comments:

  1. Definitely an intentionally cheesy film, but still fun. *Sigh* oh Kim Catrall before she became the elder slut of Sex and the City.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's true, she was much less annoying back then.

    ReplyDelete