Friday, October 29, 2010

Movie #68 - Beowulf

Beowulf
Paramount Pictures
2007 - Rated PG-13 - 1 hr 55 min
Director: Robert Zemeckis
Starring: Robin Wright, Anthony Hopkins, John Malkovich, Crispin Glover, Angelina Jolie, Ray Winstone

I'm not gonna lie, this movie is a little bit weird. I really think it was made because they thought it would look cool. It does, it's true, but I didn't really find anything all that compelling about this movie.

For the most part, I'm too distracted by all the weird accents everyone is using... particularly Angelina Jolie. And since I'm watching all these movies alphabetically, when Grendel came on screen my first thought was, "Oh look! It's George McFly."

Anyway... I'm not that impressed with this one. It really seems like something a bunch of geeks made just because they could (and because they all had secret fantasies about Angelina Jolie in animated form.) That's all I got, folks.

3 comments:

  1. I actually find it more interesting as a writing exercise. Because it the changes it makes to the original story is based on the idea that Beowulf's version of what happened when he fought Grendel's mother was a lie. It's an interesting notion but only an ok movie. Was worth seeing in 3D when it was released... wouldn't really care to see it again though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you there. I was excited to go see this when I heard about their approach, but ultimately disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. actually this is one of my favorite movies, not only is it great animation and great actors it was very exciting to finally see the life story of this legendary hero Beowulf.Not only that i was very impressed by the soundtrack in this film, i found myself watching it a second time.i thought this movie was entertaining greatly animated and over all fantastic.

    ReplyDelete