Thursday, October 28, 2010

RedBox Rental: Cop Out

Cop Out
Warner Bros.
2010 - Rated R - 1 hr 47 min
Director: Kevin Smith
Starring: Bruce Willis, Tracy Morgan, Kevin Pollack, Adam Brody
I don't have much to say about this movie. We rented it thinking it would be a good laugh, but it ultimately feel flat. Tracy Morgan basically plays his character on 30 Rock and Bruce Willis just seems tired. To make it even worse, the plot is pretty stupid... Bruce Willis's prized baseball card gets stolen, a card he was going to sell to pay for his daughter's wedding. So they have to get it back. Yeah...
When all is said and done, there are a few funny bits -- a great recurring gag about Tracy Morgan's character quoting classic movies -- but this winds up being just another buddy cop movie. I expected better from Kevin Smith. Disappointing all around.

2 comments:

  1. Figures, when I realized Smith was directing but didn't write this I lost immediate interest. I love Kevin Smith but I'll be the first to admit he's a much better writer than he is a director.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, with a script this crappy, I don't think there was anything anyone could do to improve it... :(

    ReplyDelete