Sunday, October 31, 2010

Recap: The Second Shelf

Here we are again, another shelf down and another one staring me in the face. But anyway, I'm down a total of 73 movies now, which means I'm going to break 100 on the next shelf! How exciting!


This shelf had a couple of new additions as well, Avatar and 15 Minutes, so in total I watch 47 movies, instead of the originally planned 45. Mike just can't stop adding movies to his collection.... ugh. But no matter, at least they were good movies!



Shelf Two was riddled with Tim Burton movies and a ton of sequels. We had Bad Boys, Austin Powers, Batman, and Back to the Future. Not counting repeat appearances in those franchises, there were still plenty of repeats on the cast lists of these movies. These actors popped up a few times:


  • Christopher Walken
  • Ewan McGregor
  • James McAvoy
  • John Malkovich
  • Steve Buschemi
  • Uma Thurman
  • Nicole Kidman
  • Elizabeth Hurley
  • Jeff Daniels
  • Michael Caine
  • Sigourney Weaver
  • Giovanni Ribisi
  • Michael Keaton
  • John Travolta
  • James Hong
  • Catherine O'Hara - who had the most appearances on this shelf (in unrelated films)

Shelf Two took a total of 84 hours and 9 minutes to watch, with the longest movie, Australia, clocking in at 2 hours and 45 minutes (that's still 2 minutes shorter than Alexander!) and the shortest movie, The AristoCats, a mere 1 hour and 19 minutes (which was not as short as Alice in Wonderland) so the Shelf One records still hold.

After Shelf One and Two, I have spent 130 hours and 22 minutes watching movies. To some that might seem like heaven, to me it's become very pleasant background noise. Although I do find I need to take a break once in a while, for the most part, I don't mind popping on a movie while I fold laundry or write a couple of articles. One thing is for sure, though, I'll be slowing down the pace during the month of November so I can work on some other projects. Don't worry, reviews will still get posted and movies will get watched, just maybe not at this break-neck pace I've sustained for almost two months.

And in case you're wondering, I'm somewhere around 11.5% of the way through the wall right now. Holy crap...

No comments:

Post a Comment