Saturday, March 26, 2011

Movie #331 - Jurassic Park

Jurassic Park
1993 - Rated PG-13 - 2 hr 7 min
Director: Steven Spielberg
Starring: Sam Neill, Laura Dern, Jeff Goldblum, Richard Attenborough, Bob Peck, Martin Ferrero, Joseph Mazzello, Ariana Richards, Samuel L. Jackson, Wayne Knight

Oh, I love this movie.  I'm not a big fan of horror flicks, but this one's more action/adventure with a sprinkling of dinosaur horror than a straight-up suspense/horror movie. It's also a touch sci-fi.  And it has some comedy too, kinda.

I first saw this movie in the theater when I was 12.  Loved it then, still love it now.  Considering that it was made in 1993, the dinosaurs are pretty well done.  The concept of the movie - mixing preserved dino DNA with modern DNA to bring back these prehistoric beasts - is pretty cool. And as I remember, there was a lot of buzz around that time of people wondering if it was even possible.  To the untrained layman, it seems pretty plausible.  I hear it's not really, but who cares? Makes a heck of a movie, in my opinion.

With a great mix of characters,a fantastic cast, and the perfect predators as the bad guys (hello, velociraptors!), Jurassic Park is the whole package.  Still love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment