Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Movie #320 - Jackass Number Two

Jackass Number Two
2006 - Rated R - 1 hr 32 min
Director: Jeff Tremaine
Starring: Johnny Knoxville, Steve-O, Chris Pontius, Bam Margera, Ryan Dunn, Jason Acuna, Preston Lacy, Dave England, Ehren McGhehey

This isn't a review either.  It's just me shamefully admitting that I think these idiots are mildly entertaining.  This second installment brings us a toy car up the butt, Steve-O's butt chug, and other butt antics.  The Big Red Rocket, some Tony Hawk skateboarding action, and the return of party boy.  Weird stuff in this one, but no weirder than any other collection of their stunts I guess.

Now, watching two movies in a row.... more grating than entertaining.  Why we own these, I can't remember.  To remind us how intelligent we are? Maybe.  Schadenfreude? Probably.

But just to be clear, I told Mike that if he buys Jackass 3, we're not friends anymore.

2 comments:

  1. While not a fan of these guys there's two things I have to admit, since I did see the third one in the theater. The first (and I know how weird this sounds) is that they have way more brains than all the YouTube self injuring imitations they've spawned combined. Their best stunts are far more inventive than just a kick in tue balls. Second if you see these at all it needs to be with a group, ideally in a packed theater. As a crowd experience it really works, by yourself not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. I think we originally picked them up just because of the group-watching experience that we had. They are so much fun to watch with friends and you're right, some of the stunts are pretty clever.

    ReplyDelete