Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Movie #310 - Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
1989 - Rated PG - 2 hr 7 min
Director: Steven Spielberg
Starring: Harrison Ford, Sean Connery, Alison Doody, John Rhys-Davies, River Phoenix

Raise your hand if this is your favorite Indiana Jones movie.  That's what I thought.

All around, this has the most engaging plot, the best cast (sorry, Karen Allen) and the coolest "prize."  Especially considering the awesome, ancient knight that's guarding it.  Yes, the Nazis are back, but this time Indiana's dad is involved. And his dad is Sean Connery, so it's pretty rad.

Maybe it's because I came into the series late, once all three were already made that I like this best.  I'm sure some of those who watched each come out on its own have differing opinions. I know others who prefer Raiders. Still, Crusade has lots of great lines, some great comedic moments, and the iconic "No ticket" line (which I already mentioned in my review of Air Force One.)

If you like adventure and haven't seen these movies, first of all, what's wrong with you?  Second of all, put them in your Netflix queue already.  Enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. My second favorite of the series but it's gotten harder to see since "Crystal Skull." You can see the seeds of most of the really goofy stuff from that film being planted here (the plan chase is a big offender.) Still works here but it's easier to see how the next one went so wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good point. The lesson I take from your response is a simple one: Lucas should have stopped while he was ahead. right here. With Crusade. The End :)

    ReplyDelete