Monday, May 23, 2011

Movie #410- The Librarian: Quest for the Spear

The Librarian: Quest for the Spear
2004 (TV) - 1 hr 32 min
Director: Peter Winther
Starring: Noah Wylie, Bob Newhart, Jane Curtain, Olympia Dukakis, Sonya Walger, Kyle MacLachlan, Kelly Hu, David Dayan Fisher

Technically, I didn't have to watch either of these Librarian flicks because they're TV movies, but what the heck. I felt adventurous, and had never seen the second one before. So here we are.

This one I had already seen once and I enjoyed the premise of it, both then and now.  Wylie as the over-educated and seemingly filled with useless knowledge wanderer, forced to find a job and stumbling upon the chance of a lifetime.  He gives hope to all those young guys out there collecting degrees just for funsies.  And since defying death and other action-packed activities are not among his skills, there's a chick on hand to keep him  alive.

Hey! It's Penny from Lost! I didn't know who she was the first time I watched this one, way back when. But that was a fun discovery.

The quest is fun, though the effects are painfully TV quality at times, but for me it was the concept of the Library that really sold this movie.  The adventure was secondary to a really cool idea for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment