Sunday, May 22, 2011

Movie #407 - Let's Go to Prison

Let's Go to Prison
2006 - Rated R - 1 hr 24 min
Director: Bob Odenkirk
Starring: Dax Shepard, Will Arnett, Chi McBride, David Koechner, Dylan Baker, Michael Shannon, Jay Whittaker

Yeah, this movie's pretty dumb. I also think it's pretty funny, so sue me. Okay?
I think Will Arnett's hillarious, so I'm in.

If you're not familiar with this comedy, Shepard plays a con who wants to get back at the judge who put him away.  Instead, he has to settle for ruining the life of the judge's son (Arnett) and gets him locked up through a too-easy scheme.  McBride plays the tough inmate who falls hard for Arnett, leading to a strange kind of partnership that is itself pretty entertaining. Koechner plays the corrupt prison guard only too eager to take bets on the next inmate fight.  Great actors and characters make this more fun than the lame premise suggests.

It had been a while since I'd last seen this one and it's a nice, light-hearted way to break up some of the heavier stuff and action-heavy stuff I've been watching lately.  It's always nice to laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment