Sunday, May 22, 2011

Movie #403 - Lethal Weapon

Lethal Weapon
1987 - Rated R - 1 hr 50 min
Director: Richard Donner
Starring: Mel Gilbson, Danny Glover, Gary Busey, Mitch Ryan, Darlene Love, Traci Wolfe

I'm not as familiar with this franchise as some of the guys I know -- see: Not a Boy in the 80s -- so it was nice to sit down and watch them all.  Granted, a full day of Riggs & Murtaugh is just about all I could handle, so it was nice to move on when the fourth movie's credits started rolling.

Anyway, I almost feel like I could write ONE review for all four movies. But alas, each movie gets one, so I've got to come up with something to say for all of them. Eek.

This first movie sets up the action, so a good chunk of the beginning is exposition. We learn about Riggs's loose cannon tactics and death wish; Murtaugh's quotable philosophy about his age... "I'm too old for this shit." And of course, both character's back stories.  They're given a fairly easy plot this time around, but it's a great franchise set-up movie and another great Donner action flick that establishes a couple of well-loved heroes.

No comments:

Post a Comment