Sunday, May 22, 2011

Movie #404 - Lethal Weapon 2

Lethal Weapon 2
1989 - Rated R - 1 hr 54 min
Director: Richard Donner
Starring: Mel Gibson, Danny Glover, Joe Pesci, Joss Ackland, Derrick O'Connor, Darlene Love, Traci Wolfe

By the time this movie was over, I felt like I had been punched in the face.  The whole South African government thing is kinda messy. And Joe Pesci's suuuuuuper annoying in this movie. He gets better in the later ones, but here, I can't stand listening to him talk.

I think this is probably the weakest of the set, but its still a good step in the evolution of Riggs and Murtaugh's close relationship.  In terms of developing that bond, it's a good one.  In terms of solving a compelling crime, it didn't hold my attention.

But Gibson's mullet is superb.

No comments:

Post a Comment