Friday, February 18, 2011

Movie #253 - Happy Gilmore

Happy Gilmore
1996 - Rated PG-13 - 1 hr 32 min
Director: Dennis Dugan
Starring: Adam Sandler, Christopher McDonald, Julie Bowen, Frances Bay, Allen Covert, Robert Smigel, Richard Kiel, Dennis Dugan, Kevin Nealon

It was the 90's. Adam Sandler was still funny in a sorta creepy kind of way.  And no one had touched "golf comedy" since Caddyshack.  Good idea?

Honestly, this isn't my favorite Adam Sandler and I find a lot of the jokes are stale and overused.  It definitely has Sandler's usual panache, but it's not as good as Billy Madison or even Big Daddy.  But it's better than Little Nicky, so I'll give him some credit.  I know this is some people's favorite Sandler comedy, but it doesn't strike the same chord with me.  Although it was funny to watch the mom from Modern Family play the love interest in those outrageous mid-90's threads.

No comments:

Post a Comment