Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Movie #244 - Gremlins

Gremlins
1984 - Rated PG - 1 hr 46 min
Director: Joe Dante
Starring: Hoyt Axton, Scott Brady, Zach Galligan, Corey Feldman, Dick Miller, Phoebe Cates

I know lots of boys were in love with Phoebe Cates because of this movie, but that Zach Galligan seemed pretty studly to my youthful self.  Now, not so much.

Watching this again after so many years how's not only reoriented my thinking of what's attractive, but has also let me see more clearly the lesson learned by this movie.  Don't get a pet you can't take care of.  Everything that goes wrong results directly from poor pet care.  Yes, Gremlins are more extreme than cats or dogs, but if you don't take care of your pets, sh*t's gonna go down, people!

Still my favorite scene? Caroling Gremlins that send Mrs. Deagle on a wild ride up the stairs and out the window.  Priceless.

2 comments:

  1. A fun flick but I actually prefer the Loony Toons level insanity of the sequel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the sequel on VHS. As soon as we upgrade it to DVD, it's going up on The Wall :) I prefer it too!

    ReplyDelete