Friday, February 18, 2011

Movie #252 - The Hangover

The Hangover
2009 - Rated R - 1 hr 40 min
Director: Todd Phillips
Starring: Bradley Cooper, Justin Bartha, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms, Heather Graham, Jeffrey Tambor, Ken Jeong, Rachael Harris, Mike Tyson, Mike Epps, Sasha Barrese, Rob Riggle

This movie actually DID live up to all the hype.  I was skeptical at first, since I was the last person on earth to see this movie and everyone was talking about how much I would love it.  Usually, those kinds of scenarios end in disappointment.

However, there's just something about this movie--and I don't know what it is--that it absolutely hysterical.  It's not that unique of a premise, the cast of characters is pretty cookie-cutter, and the funniest scenes are the easiest laughs... but man, is it funny.  Does it get any better than naked Ken Jeong leaping out of the trunk? I don't think so.

The quotes abound, the actors make the characters their own, and disaster is just barely thwarted.  A solid comedy that just might deserve that sequel their making.  I hope they don't screw it up.  Something tells me they won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment