Friday, February 11, 2011

Movie #234 - Gone Baby Gone

Gone Baby Gone
2007 - Rated R - 1 hr 54 min
Director: Ben Affleck
Starring: Morgan Freeman, Casey Affleck, Ed Harris, Michelle Monaghan, John Ashton, Amy Ryan, Amy Madigan

Between the Godfather trilogy and this movie, I needed a time out. So many heavy plotlines! I'm begging for a comedy right now, folks.  This isn't it.

I do like this movie though and I got to be reminded of how much.  Nepotism in casting aside, Casey Affleck carries the movie well.  And as always, you gotta love Ed Harris. 

The movie starts out with a missing girl, taken from the home in the middle of the night.  The first hour is spent looking for her. The second hour isn't... but we end up learning so much more about what happened, all the same.  I can't give away much more than that, without ruining the ending.  Disguised as a crime drama, this movie really asks you to consider your own morals.  Is it right? Wrong?  Can you shoot a child molester in the head at point blank range and live with it? And then ending will probably piss you off. Maybe.  It all depends on your own moral code, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment