Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Movie #231 - The Godfather

The Godfather
1972 - Rated R - 2 hr 55 min
Director: Francis Ford Coppola
Starring: Marlon Brando, Al Pacino, James Caan, Robert Duvall, Diane Keaton, Abe Vigoda, Talia Shire

I have to admit something shameful.  *Somehow* I made it to almost 30 without watching this movie sequentially. I don't know how this happened, but it did.  I've long thought I'd seen the movie, got the gist of it anyway, and then I watched it today.

It is so freakin' good. What the hell is wrong with me?

So I got sucked into the drama of this Italian mob family and I'm totally blown away by how young everyone freakin' is and how insane the plot of this darn thing is... holy cow! If only I could write something this complicated... Yeah, I've got a brand new respect for Mario Puzo and basically everyone who even breathed near this movie.

Sweet Jesus, that was good.  And man, I'm embarrassed that I have to admit this publicly. Geez!

No comments:

Post a Comment