Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Movie #143 - Daredevil

Daredevil
20th Century Fox
2003 - Rated PG-13 - 1 hr 43 min
Director: Mark Steven Johnson
Starring: Ben Affleck, Jennifer Garner, Colin Farrell,
Michael Clarke Duncan, Jon Favreau, Ellen Pompeo, Joe Pantoliano

Do you think Ben and Jen watch this movie like its a home video? 

"Look, kids! This is how your mother and I met!"

"Dad, you're a superhero?"
"Only on TV. But look, it's our first kiss, Jen!"

"Ben, you know that was like, Take 15 or 20, right?"

"No one needs to know that, honey."

See, I've got the whole awkward scene in my head now.  In any event, this movie's one of those comic-book-turned-film messes. It's not all bad - it does have Stan Lee in it, can you spot him? - and the fighting scenes kick ass.  But really, is my life enriched by this movie? Not particularly.  I'm glad it was useful for Hollywood match-making (and to let Jennifer Garner take Alias to the big screen, more or less), but I could live without it. You know?

2 comments:

  1. I seem to be alone in my appreciation of this one. It's got a little too much crammed into it but I think it's been underrated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Ben & Jen at home dialogue :)

    ReplyDelete