Thursday, November 11, 2010

Movie #82 - Blades of Glory

Blades of Glory
Dreamworks
2007 - Rated PG-13 - 1 hr 33 min
Directors: Josh Gordon, Will Speck
Starring: Will Ferrell, Jon Heder, Amy Poehler, Will Arnett, Jenna Fischer, Craig T. Nelson, Romany Malco, lots of skating pros

Any time I need a pick-me-up, I turn to a good Will Ferrell comedy.  (You'll notice I said "good," so Semi-Pro is strategically missing from the movie wall.) When I was pregnant with my daughter, this was often found in the DVD player just because it makes me laugh.

For pure entertainment purposes, this movie is fantastic.  The plot is a bit fantastical, but the satire of figure skating is a lot of fun.  A huge list of skating pros appear in this movie, which just makes it that much better.  And how can you not love "Coach" playing their coach? Craig T. Nelson is a quiet tyrant in this movie and it's awesome.  Ferrell is outrageous and Jon Heder is the farthest thing from Napoleon Dynamite that a man can be.  From start to finish, I love these characters and this movie.

2 comments:

  1. Am I a freak for not finding Will Ferrell funny? Like ever? (Well... maybe in "Stranger than Fiction.")

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, to each his own. I can't help it, I just think he's frickin' hysterical sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete