Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Movie #76 - Black Beauty

Black BeautyWarner Bros Pictures
1994 - Rated G - 1 hr 28 min
Director: Caroline Thompson
Starring: Sean Bean, David Thewlis, Alan Cumming, Jim Carter
I'd never seen this one before, so I wasn't prepared for the narrator to be a horse.... Once I got over that, I actually started to enjoy it.  Knowing nothing about horses, I can't say whether this movie is an accurate depiction of a typical horse's life at the turn of the century, but it certainly feels as though it is.  The "people" in this movie flitter in and out of the horse's life quickly, but you really see the impression each has on Black Beauty's perception of the human race.

Overall, it's a nice family film.  Kinda sad and depressing at times, but at least it offers a nice, warm fuzzy ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment