Sunday, October 10, 2010

Movie #27 - Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy

Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy
DreamWorks
2004 - Rated R - 1 hr 34 min
Director: Adam McKay
Starring: Will Ferrell, Christina Applegate, Paul Rudd, Steve Carell, David Koechner, Fred Willard, Seth Rogen, Danny Trejo, Kathryn Hahn

Oh, I looooooooooooooooooooooove this movie. Watching it again was just fun for me, quoting all my favorite lines and singing along with the four-part harmony to "Afternoon Delight." I just got to sit back and enjoy Will Ferrell, Steve Carell, Paul Rudd, and David Koechner be absolutely weird (and 100% bought-into their characters). In fact, that's probably what makes this comedy so awesome - you really believe they are these outrageous 70's era newscasters.

Oh yeah, and you get to add a little Fred Willard (and a brief moment of Jack Black).... sweet.

2 comments:

  1. I think I might need to watch this with a group... I was kind of underwhelmed first time I saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is def one of those movies you need to watch a few times before you start laughing your butt off. Now, I start laughing when I know one of my favorite lines is coming up... it's ridiculous. Give it another try :)

    ReplyDelete