Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Movie #98 - The Brothers Grimm

The Brothers Grimm
Miramax
2005 - Rated PG-13 - 1 hr 53 min
Director: Terry Gilliam
Starring: Matt Damon, Heath Ledger, Monica Bellucci

I just learned that Terry Gilliam directed this, but I can't say that I'm surprised.  This is just the kind of warped, dark fairytale that he would love.  Luckily, I love it too.

I also love Matt Damon and Heath Ledger.  This movie actually makes me miss Heath Ledger, a lot.  Sigh.  Anyway, they are perfect together, although I'm always surprised that Damon is the bully brother and Ledger is the nerdy one.  It's like Gilliam swapped their usual roles, just for kicks.  But they do so well, you forget after about five minutes that it wasn't what you expected.

The Monica Bellucci character is a bit over the top, but the whole movie is 'fantastical' in nature so you go along with it.  And it is fun to see where this movie claims their stories have originated.  This one's just fun to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment