Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Movie #97 - Brotherhood of the Wolf

The Brotherhood of the Wolf (Le Pacte des Loups)
Universal Pictures
2001 - Rated R - 2 hr 22 min
Director: Christophe Gans
Starring: Samuel Le Bihan, Mark Dacascos, Vincent Cassel

This is probably one of the lesser-known titles on our wall, so I'll explain.  It's a French movie (hence the title) and it's dubbed into English and it's based on an old French myth about a werewolf.  Apparently, over 100 people were "eaten" by a mysterious animal.  This movie posits there's a werewolf and a conspiracy of townsfolk who know it.

Not one of my favorites - though Mike raves about this movie - I find it kind of distracting that it's dubbed.  And I also find it's a bit too slow.  The special effects are middle grade and every shot of this film is dark, dark, dark.  Great suspense and atmosphere, a good plot with lots of intrigue, just not a favorite.  Hey. We like what we like, right?

1 comment:

  1. It's a bit of a weird mash-up I grant but personally I love this crazy movie. If you ever watch Food Network you might have spotted Iron Chef America's "Chairman" kicking a great deal of ass.

    ReplyDelete