Friday, April 1, 2011

Movie #336 - Just Married

Just Married
2003 - Rated PG-13 - 1 hr 35 min
Director: Shawn Levy
Starring: Ashton Kutcher, Brittany Murphy, Christian Kane, David Moscow

This movie did two things:

1. I miss Brittany Murphy.
2. Secretly, I'd pick Christian Kane over Ashton Kutcher. Any day.

But Kane plays the "bad" guy (darn), so that doesn't happen.  Murphy chooses the goofy guy and their honeymoon implodes on itself.  What annoys me most about this movie is Kutcher's total ignorance.  Watching this objectively, basically everything that happens on the honeymoon is his fault.  He starts the fire with that stupid plug, he drives into the snowbank, he ditches her to watch a baseball game... She should go with Kane, but she's apparently crazy in love with Kutcher. The heart wants what it wants, I guess.

The first time I saw this, I thought it was just one of those slapstick kinda comedies, with a side of romance. But watching it again, I'm a bit irritated with Kutcher.  Maybe it's because I'm now married and have survived a honeymoon and would kill my husband if he did these things.  Murphy's just too damn nice to him and he's a giant tool box.

No comments:

Post a Comment