Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Movie #264 - Hellboy

Hellboy
2004 - Rated PG-13 - 2 hr 2 min
Director: Guillermo del Toro
Starring: Ron Perlman, Selma Blair, John Hurt, Rupert Evans, Jeffrey Tambor, Doug Jones, Karel Roden

Before seeing this movie, I was unaware that Ron Perlman could get uglier than he already is.  I was also unaware that Selma Blair could become more annoying.  Together, they're a weird match made in... hell? Maybe?

This movie's for boys, comic book fans, action film geeks. It is not for girls.  Still, I can appreciate some good CGI as much as the next girl, but there's not too much of that in here either.  The fish guy's kinda cool and I love John Hurt, so it's got that going for it.  Plus, that nerdy new kid is okay.

Mostly, though, this is one of those movies you'll enjoy more if you're a fan of the comic.  It's not geared to someone like me. So I don't hate it, but I don't love it as much as others might.

1 comment:

  1. I never read the comic, but I'm a sucker for comic book and action movies. So, I loved it. I've rewatched it a few times (and every time Craig gets all excited).

    ReplyDelete