Friday, December 10, 2010

Movie #87 - The Boondock Saints

The Boondock Saints
Franchise Pictures
1999 - Rated NC-17 - 1 hr 58 min
Director: Troy Duffy
Starring: Willem Dafoe, Sean Patrick Flanery, Norman Reedus, Billy Connolly

I won't lie, I'm a little nervous to review this one because it's such a fan favorite. Luckily, I don't have anything negative to say. This is one of my all-time favorite movies, and not just because it has two hot Irish guys and takes place in Boston.  Those are perks, for sure, but the accidental vigilante concept and the underlying sense of humor that Troy Duffy has written into his script make this a really unique movie.  Really, what's not to love?

I'd like to point out the rating of this film, which I did not know until I looked it up on IMDB.  Really, an NC-17? Really? Why?  Yeah, blood and gore, naked butts, gay sex after-glow... it's all there.  But I don't think it warrants the rating. 

Now, watching this movie for the hundredth time was fun, onward to the lesser-liked sequel...

1 comment:

  1. Who understands the MPAA? It's been a bit of a love it or hate it movie and I've never totally understood the "hate it" side. I think it's great.

    ReplyDelete